For cutting metal with precision, many industries rely on sheet metal laser cutting services. Laser cutting technology works on multiple materials. Also, it cuts faster than traditional fabrication processes, and there’s less material wastage. However, it’s not cheap to enjoy all these benefits. Find out what drives the cost of laser cutting in NYC.
Cost of Custom Laser Cutting Services
You don’t need to spend a fortune to get perfectly cut material. By comparing what different companies use and provide, you could save money without compromising quality. Here are the primary cost contributors.
- Machinery – For a high-tech machine capable of cutting metal and lasting a long time, you’ll invest a lot of money. Because buying machinery is a major financial investment, many industries hire a company for laser cutting in NYC. By choosing the right source, you’ll end up with a stellar product at a reasonable price. Also, leading fabricators use different types of laser-cutting machinery, which expands your options.
- Charge Per Minute Usage – When researching different companies for custom laser cutting services, ask what they charge per minute for machine usage. This consists of the time it took to complete your project, as well as a set rate per minute. Not all sources charge the same price, so it’s worth asking about.
- The Cost of Engraving – In some cases, customers want lase-cut products engraved as well. While this process isn’t as complex or involved as laser cutting, it’s still an add-on fee. The price will vary based on the type of metal and the intricacy of the design. So, you might save a little money by modifying those two things.
- Material – Even the material impacts the cost of sheet metal laser cutting services. For example, aluminum costs more than stainless steel. So, to reduce what you pay for this service, you might see if a less expensive material would work.
- The Wall’s Thickness – Every metal is unique, including its wall thickness. Whether you use standard or custom laser cutting services, the thicker the material, the higher the price. That’s because it takes fabricators more time to precision cut metal with a thick wall. In addition to choosing a thinner metal, there’s another way to spend less. That entails having the fabricator stack sheet metal when making thinner parts. That’s because the laser can cut multiple layers simultaneously.
- Order Size – The number of products you order will dictate what you pay for laser cutting in NYC, as well. As a good rule of thumb, you’ll save with larger orders. Remember, you pay for the time the machine runs, including the warmup time required.
- Logistics – This also influences the cost of sheet metal laser cutting services. So, either work with a local company or one that offers affordable shipping rates.
Get Quality and Affordability
For superior custom laser cutting services at competitive prices, contact Weldflow Metal Products. Our goal is to provide every customer with outstanding laser-cutting services. We go out of our way to exceed customer expectations.