Did you know that a dirty air duct can cause allergies? Not to mention, it can lead to colds and coughing. Luckily, there are ways to avoid the risks and make sure your ducts are cleaned properly. Read on to find out more.
Dirty air ducts can cause allergies
The air in your home has a lot to do with the health of you and your family. When you have dirty air ducts, allergens, and bacteria are circulated, which can cause respiratory problems, such as coughing and colds. This is especially dangerous if you have asthma or allergies. Additionally, it can trigger skin conditions such as hives and rashes. Luckily, there are a few ways to clean your air ducts to avoid getting sick.
One way to include Air Duct Cleaning Charleston is to remove debris that’s trapped inside of them. This can lead to allergies or even sinus infections. The debris can also irritate the skin inside of the nasal passages, which can be quite painful.
Air conditioners can cause sore throats, if air ducts and filters are not cleaned. Not only does this result in an unhealthy environment, it can also be a source of phlegm and sinus irritation. The best way to treat a sore throat is to spend some time in a fresh outdoor airy location. Another great way to prevent sore throats is to purchase an air filter that contains a HEPA filter, which is effective in removing pet dander and other allergens from the air.
Another contributing factor to sore throats is a dirty heating system. Even when your heating system is not in use, it still collects dust. As a result, the air inside the home is dry and causes sore throats.
A dirty air duct can circulate bacteria, viruses, and allergens, making you and your family more likely to catch colds. This could lead to serious health problems, including allergies, asthma, and eczema. It also produces a musty odor, which is very unpleasant for you and your family.
Not only can it cause respiratory illnesses, but it can also contribute to chronic coughing and even sore throats. The air ducts also harbor bacteria and fungi, which can quickly grow and cause infections.
Dirty air ducts in your home can make you prone to a variety of respiratory illnesses, including coughing, colds, and sore throats. This can also cause asthma and allergies. Coughing due to dirty air ducts can even lead to pneumonia or bronchitis if left untreated. To prevent this, you should regularly have your air ducts cleaned.
In addition to causing respiratory issues, dirty Dryer Duct Cleaning Charleston SC may trigger a variety of allergic reactions in you and your family members. The circulating allergens can trigger an allergic reaction and cause watery or itchy eyes. Coughing and wheezing are other symptoms of allergies. If you notice that your symptoms worsen when you spend time in your home, it may be time to clean the air ducts. This is particularly important if you have children or elderly family members.
Suffering from asthma
Having your air ducts cleaned is an easy way to improve your indoor air quality, and it is particularly helpful for people with respiratory problems and allergies, like asthma. This is because a dirty duct can harbor harmful allergens that can cause a more serious allergic reaction. People with asthma, as well as those who are allergic to pollen and dust, should have their air ducts cleaned regularly to reduce their exposure to indoor allergens.
The dirtiest ducts can also be the source of lower and upper respiratory infections. This is because dust mites can carry allergens and pollen from outside, triggering a severe allergic reaction. Some of the symptoms you might experience are watery eyes, itchy lips, and difficulty breathing.
Developing carbon monoxide poisoning
If you don’t have Dryer Vent Cleaning Charleston, you could be putting yourself and your family at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. It’s a colorless and odorless gas that can be deadly if inhaled. It is often caused by combustion appliances in a home. It can also be produced when a fire breaks out, leaking gases into the ventilation system. Although most people experience mild symptoms, if they inhale too much of it, they can die within a few minutes.
Carbon monoxide enters the body through the lungs, where it attaches to hemoglobin molecules. This prevents oxygen from getting to the cells, causing the blood to lose oxygen over time. The body’s cells eventually die because of lack of oxygen. Moreover, carbon monoxide can cause neurological problems and long-term health problems. For these reasons, you should have a carbon monoxide detector in the hallway near the bedroom. Also, install one in the garage, if it’s connected to the living area.